We all love bunnies, especially at Easter time, so we’ve come up with these Easter Bunny Bites, a lovely healthy snack that’ll hopefully keep the kids distracted from eating chocolate for at least five minutes over the Easter holidays!
All you’ll need to make your own Easter Bunny Bites is:
- 1 pack of Bannisters’ Farm BITES Mini Loaded Potato Skins (we used the Cheese & Onion topping but they also come in Cheese & Smokey Bacon)
- 1 yellow pepper cut into slices (although any colour will do!)
- 1 jar of sliced black olives
- Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 carrot finely chopped into matchsticks
- 1 cucumber chopped into sticks
Pre-heat your oven to 220 degrees, then bake your BITES (as many as required) on a baking tray in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes or until crisp.
Once the BITES are ready, assemble the bunnies, or better still, get your little ones to do it!
We cut the pepper slices in half to form the ears, then added the sliced olives for the eyes. Half a cherry tomato will do for the nose and add the carrot matchsticks for whiskers.
We used the cucumber sticks to form a grassy garnish on the plate.
If your little ones like houmous, you could even add a bit to the plate, or in a small pot, as a dip!
These certainly went down a treat with our little ones AND not-so-little ones, so why not have a go?
Get creative with your veggies and you could make Spring lambs or even Easter chicks!
We’d love to see your piccies!